Multi-Dimensional Stone for
Internal Transformation with Strength & Stability
Aquamarine is part of the Beryl family of stones, which get their name from the inclusion of the element Beryllium into their structure. Beryls are relatively hard stones, 7.5 – 8 on the Mohs scale; they will not dissolve in water. Deep Green Beryls are known as Emeralds; Blue-Green Beryls are called Aquamarine; and Yellow Beryls are called Heliodor, amongst other varieties.
In the Western Tradition, Aquamarine was one of the Stones on the “Breastplate of Aaron” worn by the Jewish High Priest to enter the Holy of Holies in the Temple of Solomon (described in the Book of Exodus); it is also one of the Stones of the New Jerusalem (listed in the Book of Revelation).
In the Chinese Daoist tradition, Aquamarines are important Alchemical Stones, as detailed below. They can be worn on the body, and used to make vibrational elixirs.
In modern science, Aquamarine and other Beryls have been found to have “Quantum Tunneling”, meaning they transcend the laws of classical physics and are literally multi-dimensional; see the citations and quotes later in this article.
Unfortunately, the vast majority of Aquamarine on the market today is artificially treated with powerful irradiation and / or heating. We have spent years at the Vesica Institute sourcing the all natural, untreated Aquamarine which we carry.
- Rudolf Steiner’s research indicated that Beryl supports the structure and function of Kidneys and Heart. It is used in Anthroposophical Medicine in Germany, as a potentized homeopathic remedy.
- In Chinese Stone Medicine, the Beryls are so important that they are known as “Jing Shi”, meaning the “Essential Stone.” They are also known as “Zhu Shi” or “Pillar Stone” because they literally grow as hexagonal pillars; this shows their nature as solid and stable supports for self-manifestation. Beryls help support the key energy channel which runs up the spine, known as the Du Meridian (Governing Vessel) in Chinese Medicine. They also help energy to descend into the lower abdomen, which has very important health benefits.
- Beryl supports the conservation of Essence (Jing) in the body, making it very important in Daoist Stone Healing for people to use as they age.
- This power of Beryl to consolidate Essence also makes it a key stone in Alchemical self-transformation.
– In the first stage, Beryl helps to initiate the process of self-awareness and provides a solid foundation during internal transformations.
– In the second stage, Beryl helps us to preserve the parts of our inner life we want to keep while purifying out the parts we need to let go of (other stones are added to help during purification, such as Aventurine — which removes all 6 types of energy blockages — and Jaspers.)
– At the last stage, Beryl provides strength and solidity in fully manifesting our transformed self in the world.
- Beryls are used in Daoist Stone Healing for energetic support to DNA and constitutional issues; Beryl is considered the link back to our constitution.
- Many people think of Aquamarine as being Blue, but in reality the vast majority of it is Blue-Green, with a color like ocean water. Most natural Aquamarine have a very light blue-green color. Almost all of the strongly Blue color Aquamarine which you see on the market today has been artificially irradiated and/or heated to create the deep blue color; however this destroys most of the vibrational qualities and powers of real Aquamarine, and can also make the stone highly energetically toxic.
- Aquamarine is a very important stone due to its ability to move protective energy in the body up to the surface level at the skin (Wei Chi); for this reason it is considered to be significant for people who are extremely hypersensitive to their environment. Aquamarine worn on the body, placed on key energy centers during treatments, placed in the living environment, or given as an elixir, should be tested to see if it helps persons with electro-sensitivity or other environmental sensitivities.
- Aquamarine is used in Daoist forms of Stone Healing to help the Endocrine system, especially hormones in conjunction with the Thyroid, Lungs, and Kidney (reproductive organs). For Adrenal exhaustion, Aquamarine can be combined with Nephrite Jade.
- Aquamarine is considered in DSH a good adjunct to Jasper (ie Aventurine, such as Green Aventurine) for supporting the body when clearing toxic accumulations.
Aquamarine has also been featured recently in scientific research, with the incredible finding that the water molecules in Aquamarine, Emerald and other Beryls actually transcend the normal laws of physics.
This may be scientific support for the Daoist concept regarding how these stones support deep alchemical transformation in human beings. They are literally “Multi-Dimensional”, as explained below.
Aquamarine in the News: Quantum Tunneling
On April 22, 2016 the article “New State of Water Molecule Discovered” by Ron Walli was posted online on http://phys.org/news/2016-04-state-molecule.html
The article was based on the research report: Quantum Tunneling of Water in Beryl: A New State of the Water Molecule which appeared in Physics Review Letters, online at journals.aps.org/prl/abstract/10.1103/PhysRevLett.116.167802
Some excerpts from the Ron Walli article are below.
ORNL researchers discovered that water in beryl displays some unique and unexpected characteristics. Neutron scattering and computational modeling have revealed unique and unexpected behavior of water molecules under extreme confinement that is unmatched by any known gas, liquid or solid states.
In a paper published in Physical Review Letters, researchers at the Department of Energy’s Oak Ridge National Laboratory describe a new tunneling state of water molecules confined in hexagonal ultra-small channels – 5 angstrom across – of the mineral beryl…
“At low temperatures, this tunneling water exhibits quantum motion through the separating potential walls, which is forbidden in the classical world,” said lead author Alexander Kolesnikov of ORNL’s Chemical and Engineering Materials Division. “This means that the oxygen and hydrogen atoms of the water molecule are ‘delocalized’ and therefore simultaneously present in all six symmetrically equivalent positions in the channel at the same time. It’s one of those phenomena that only occur in quantum mechanics and has no parallel in our everyday experience.”…
“This discovery represents a new fundamental understanding of the behavior of water and the way water utilizes energy,” Anovitz said. “It’s also interesting to think that those water molecules in your aquamarine or emerald ring – blue and green varieties of beryl – are undergoing the same quantum tunneling we’ve seen in our experiments.” …
First principle simulations made by Narayani Choudhury of Lake Washington Institute of Technology and University of Washington-Bothell showed that the tunneling behavior is coupled to the vibrational dynamics of the beryl structure.